Chicken Stuffed Green Peppers

Throughout the past few weeks of living in Connecticut, I have really had the time to find myself as a chef. I am surprisingly better than I thought at making a different dinner each night. So far, I don't think I have made the same thing twice. Pinterest keeps me on my toes with new recipes and when I get a hankerin' for something from home I call mom. 

The most recent creation was, Stuffed Green Peppers. I saw a recipe for it online, but didn't really end up following. I just used what I had in the kitchen and they tasted really great. Here is the link to the website I used, http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Chicken-Stuffed-Green-Peppers and then below is how I made them (a much simpler way if you ask me).
Sidenote: I'm not an Über health freak when it comes to my food, but this used all veggies, chicken, cheese and rice. No butters or extra fatties. Just a thought... 


Cut the tops off of 3 green bell peppers. Dice the tops and place in a large mixing bowl. Place the 3 green bell peppers in boiling water for 3 min, then take out and let dry. Start a sauce pan and add one box of long grain wild rice, some sprinkles of onion powder, garlic salt, one whole diced tomato, 1/2 cup of salsa, and one small can of pieces and parts mushrooms (diced smaller than they are in the can. Allow rice to cook with all tomatoes, mushrooms, and spices. Meanwhile, grill up a few chicken breasts (cubed) in a neighboring skillet. After they are done add them to the rice sauce pan along with 1 1/2 cups on shredded cheese. Then add in, 1/4 cup of diced carrots, 1/4 cup of diced zucchini, and 1/2 cup of diced yellow squash. Allow the mixture of it all to simmer, until rice is done. Take your 3 peppers from earlier, place them into an oven safe dish, I used a 2 qt Corning Ware dish. Fill your 3 peppers with your yummy mix from the sauce pan. Place in preheated over of 350 degrees for 25-30 min. Take out and sprinkle in a little more cheese and bake for 5 more min. Take out and YUMMO!
Serving size best 2-3.


Comments

Popular Posts