Decorate for 49 Cents! Yes, way!!!

As we get more settled into our life in Connecticut, I find my self decorating and making this place more ours. I have recently been working on the bathroom. Here is what happened this week... 

Baskets on the walls for wash cloths and tissues. I got these apple baskets from a free curb alert. Here in CT people post curb alerts online, basically it is, "come get this stuff or we are going to trash it". So I got three apple baskets, turns out one was broke, bummer. So anyways, I gave them a wipe down and fresh coat of spray-paint (leather brown). I then put a small screw in holder on the side to hang it by. Adding ribbon around the edge made it look a little more finished and dressy. The "R" that is hanging was made by my friend Melissa as decor for one of my bridal showers, I saved it to use and now it has a home. Cost of this project to me = Fo' FREE!!!! 

. . . . . . . . . . .

This next project took a little more time, but cost me nearly nothing as well. There is an older man that lives next door to us and he has several old windows outside leaning against his shed. I asked him if I could buy them from him or if he wanted rid of them and he told me to take what I wanted! So I got this old thing and made it my own! 

1. Old Window
2. Clean it UP! Odds are it is pretty nasty. 
3. Fresh coat of paint, 49 cents Crafters Paint. I used a very pale green. 
4. Write what you want or draw what you want on wax paper
5. Tape them to the front side of your window panes. 
6. Flip the window around and paint the words or pictures on the back side. (This gives it a more finnished look, much smoother). Side note: this part is kinda tricky, especially with words because you are painting them backwards. After painting clean it up a bit with a wet q-tip.
7. Ta-da! Add whatever kind of wall fasteners to the back that you use. Definitely use more than one, because this is a heavy piece. 

Here they are in the bathroom, pretty fly for 49 cents.
If I do say so myself. 



Comments

  1. Hey Mallory - - -I love reading about all your projects! I'm trying the breakfast muffins in the morning! So excited about it! Have a great weekend!

    xoxo

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just now saw this post! Sorry! :) Hope you all had a good Christmas, we'll be in touch!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts