Shoe Re-Do/Christian Louboutin Look

This is a pair of heels that I have had since high school, they have served me well through the years. Once a part of my FFA Official Dress, once part of my debate team garb, once a part of every "little black dress" event. Needless to say they are very comfy and broken in. I was going to get rid of them and then saw a color toe revamp on pinterest. I went with teal because I have several shirts with teal and I always debate on what shoes to wear with them. So here ya go, with a little added bonus below.

1. Tape off where you want your line of color. I used painters tape, but any tape will work. 
2. Primer them white for the best color. If you dont have primer just use white paint, but you will need multiple coats. 
3. Paint your color of choice and let dry, apply a second coat of paint. 
4. Gently peel off tape. There may be a few smudges. 
5. If you have smudges like I did, use a q-tip and some nail polish remover to get it off. 
6. Sassy and Smart. 

. . . . . . . . . . . 

Alright, so I couldn't stop there. At the bottom is the inspiration for this next step. Christian Louboutin shoes sell on an average of $500-$900, with that beautiful red below they are hard to miss. Why not get the same look, for Free! Or for 49 cents if you don't already have red paint?

1. Prime the bottoms, like you did the toe of the shoe. 
2. Paint, 2-3 coats. 
3. Clean up with q-tip and nail polish remover, I also used a black sharpie in a few placed along the bottom, just for a cleaner look. 

 The inspiration

Most inexpensive Christian Louboutin look ever! 

Comments

  1. You crack me up lol. Love the shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mykal! I loved them too much to toss out, now I think I love them more! Haha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts