DIY End Tables

Occassionally, I stalk Craigslist for Curb Alerts or Free postings. One afternoon I was home with the hubs and found a posting online for two free tables. (See picture below) I told myself before clicking on the link that if they were less that 30 min away I was going to go get them. Click....wait... BAM! 26 min! Jesse was a champ and made the drive with me. After my squeeling in the car and hooting over my free find we made our way back home. 

 Here is a before picture of the tables. 

 First things first. I painted the legs white. First I used a primer coat because the legs were a cheap wood (well the whole things were cheap wood) and needed some primer so they wouldnt soak up all my white paint. 

After a week of fabric hunting I settled on this navy and white stripe pattern. I originally wanted navy and white chevron facric, but that wasnt going to happen in the Eastern Connecticut area... I bought one yard. (FYI the tables we 24 inches in diameter.)

 Lay fabric flat and draw a line where you're going to cut. 

The line needs to be about 1.5 inches away from the board. This will give you enough fold over without have excess fabric underneath. 

 I used my low power staple gun. Purchased from Michaels for around $7.00. 

 Pull the fabric in four places around the circle. Similar to if you were covering a square. 

 Then place staples between each one you've already done. 

Next, is the part where you need to be a bit more careful. Gather and staple flat. Repeat. The smaller piece you grab the easier. No one will know how many staples you used, so in my opinion, it is better to be careful than sloppy. 
 

One table done... and repeat.  

 Beatuifully crafted end tables for the cost of fabric. $5.74.

Our of curiosity I looked up tables like these online. The sell for about $15.00 each new, so all together I saved $30.00 in finding them on Craigs List. 

Husbands Side

Wife's side. 

THE END. Get to craftin' friend, you know ya wanna. 






Comments

Popular Posts