Small Space Bedroom

Now that our bedroom has it's new bed I can finally finnish the up stairs bedroom. Being as Jesse has dude friends that sleep over on the reg, i went with a green and blue color pallet. Something bright for me but still comfotable for our guy-guests. Here is my newest addition, a proper desk! 
Next on my list is anothe cube cabinet from Michaels. I like the way they fit but I need another 2x6 for all my goodies. 
. . . . . . . . . . . 

This is the wall I made when we first moved in, I still love the way it looks. I used foam board and cut them with an x-acto knife to match the size of a scrapbook sheet of paper, then modege podged the paper to them. So simple and neat. The 'YES' was spur of the moment, but I find it to be both encouraging and optomistic, something I strive to be. 
. . . . . . . . . . . 

This little of set of signs were very out of no where, Jesse and I had company last weekend and it was tight after we moved the bed upstairs...because of the slant of the upper-level ceilings I was worried that our guests would bump their noggins as soon as they woke up... I tested out the bed only to learn it wasnt quite possible, unless they jump also, but just to ease my mind, I whipped these little babies out... 


They did a good job of filling in this awkward triangular space. 

. . . . . . . . . . . 

So there you have it our finnished guest bedroom. Makes you want to book your flight to CT right now doesnt it!? Well... okay, if you insist, I'll put clean sheets on and see you this weekend! 



. . . . . . . . . . .

Tips from myself for maximizing small bedroom space. 
1. Multi shelf desk allowsf ro optimum space to set things you frequently use but in an organized fashion. 
2. Mimis on the bulky furniture. Although this bed came with a dresser set, only the bed is in this small room. Becuase it's for weekend guests they won't need a full armoire, so don't waste the space. 
3. Think about the size of the bed for the room. This is a standard full and it is plenty big for this room, although also big enough for two people for a good nights rest. 
4. Utilize closet space. I shall not dare show you what is inside this closet, but that is exactly why it is a closet, you put it in and close-it. HA, pun intended. 
Thats all she wrote.. 
Ta-ta-for-now!
XO
Mallory 







Comments

Popular Posts