Kitchen (Door) Curtains

I enjoy my job as a teacher very much, but I also enjoy adding little updates around the house. When we moved to our house in New Bern, there were curtains left from the homes owners. Below is the after on the left and the before on the right. 

This was my first go at making such large curtains, but I think they turned out very nice. Especially, considering I didn't use s sewing machine! 

What you need: Heat'n'Bond, Fusion Vel-Crow, Ribbon for Tie Backs, Scissors

 Measure the fabric and cut, to make your hem leave 1.5 inches of fabric to fold over.  

 Follow the HeatnBond Directions

 Complete all sides, except for the top. 

 The top is where you will make the flap for the ribbons to hide under. 

 Measure them even on the sides and make your flap as long as you please, ours measured about 12 inches. 

 Follow the HeatnBond again. 

Apply the Velcro heat bond, then hang. Our doors already had Velcro hangings, so it worked out well. Otherwise you'd need to appliqué your Velcro onto the door in some way. 

 Repeat again for the second curtain. 
*Remember to measure room for your door knob, I forgot and so mine hangs a little over it. Not a big deal, because we don't use this door much, but definitely something to remember...

THE END! :) Much Better!





Comments

  1. These look great, is there a way to raise them or do they just remain down?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have these but a bit differently. I purchased mine....they have different fabrics on either side....and it lets me roll them up during the daytime to let the light in....then close them if the sun gets hot.....I love them..they are attached to the door with velcro. When you roll them up it shows the fabric on the opposite site...I have had them over ten years...I bought them at Home Depot or Lowe's...I can't remember which!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whats the price for single 3'x2' curtain

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts