One week of Paleo, and feeling fine!

This first week of eating Paleo went really well, and I can honestly tell a difference in how my body feels. I feel like have more energy, and it's easier to get up in the mornings. I started on Monday and ate total Paleo until Saturday night. (I had a girls night with several of the teachers I work with, and you gotta cheat a little, otherwise you'll drive yourself crazy!) I wanted to post a quick run down of some of the things I ate this week. I instagram the pictures and what they are as I go, if you want to follow my instagram, it is 'malanram' or just go to http://instagram.com/malanram.

So Monday, we had a work day at school, to prepare for the kids return from Spring break. I had fruits smoothie for breakfast along with an egg. I then had a salad for lunch and this delicious dream below for dinner.. Cajun grilled tilapia and fresh mixed veggies (squash, zucchini, tomato, and fresh mushroom).


Tuesday, for lunch I had left overs from the night before. Jesse and I usually try to cook this way, it just makes things easier.. so Tuesday night I had a huge salad. Combination of regular lettuce, spinach, kale, celery, and tomato. I added two hard boiled eggs for some protein. It was quite yummy and quite large.


Wednesday, for lunch I attempted again a smoothie. My 4th graders thought it was disgusting looking, and I have to admit, it didn't taste that swell. I need to work on my art of smoothie mixing. Haha. Inside I had oranges, blackberries, strawberries, organic milk, and .... kale. BLEH. I'm finding that I need new ways to eat kale...(any suggestions are welcome, just leave them at the bottom in a comment. They will be much appreciated!) Wednesday night's dinner was much more enjoyable that lunch, I had shrimp, tomato, and a celery salad. All of those items put a smile on my face. :)



Thursday's lunch was leftover salad and shrimp from the day before. My students really wanted some of my shrimp! I forgot to take a picture of our dinner on Thursday night, but man...it was good. My husband LOVES to have chicken tacos, and we usually eat them once a week. So to make it all paleo, we grilled the chicken chunks like usually, then I mixed green peppers, onion, and tomato..(similar to a fajita mix) and made some homemade guacamole! DANG, it was SO good! No shells, no chips, no cheese... it was D to the E to the L I C I O U S!


Friday, Lunch was left overs form the night before and dinner was steaks! My husband grilled them outside and I prepared asparagus with thyme and some potato wedges. I know its debatable weather potatoes are paleo, but they didn't upset our stomachs any so I guess we're good.


Saturday for lunch I had a little bit of left over steak and a salad with fruits. Saturday was my cheat night...although I did stay pretty conscious of what I was eating. Hey, ya gotta live a little right...? And I'm quite certain Margaritas are not paleo, but lets be honest...that wasn't going to stop me. :) I was in charge of bringing the guacomole, and it turned out great!

So, now we begin another week, and I am highly looking forward to it.. I'm doing this to be a healthier version of myself. I don't think I need to loose pounds or inches.. I just need to pay better attention to whats going into my face! On a plus side, I had notices a few items fitting looser, so lets see where all that leads to. Have a wonderful and healthy week! 

And don't forget to get some fresh air and exercise! 


Comments

Popular Posts