Shhhh! Light for Guided Groups

I started this idea at the end of April, and am finally posting about it. We use guided reading and guided math in our classroom, and they seem to have forgotten that interrupting is rude. Haha- A coworker of mine wears a tiara on her head so the students wont talk to her when she is with a group. I however do not have a foam tiara with my name on it (plus it wouldn't go with every outfit!) so I'm using this... http://instagram.com/p/YoKRXis8eN/
I saw this idea a long time ago on a blog or on pinterest. I had a really hard time finding push lights that were solid on top and not decorated with a butterfly or a car. So, when I saw a set of two at Wal-Mart this week, I snatched them up real quick! 

I wrote on the top with a sharpie paint pen, and around the edges with regular permanent sharpie marker. The edges say: Respect others learning time. Guided Group Magic. Listen and Learn. Please Wait. my plan is that when the light is on, others who are not in the group will see it and be respectful and wait until the light is off to talk to me. I have a hunch they will want to stand there the entire time unless I tell them to go away, but we will work on that! 

Super Cheap, Very Visual, Cute, and Functional. 
What a 'BRIGHT' idea! :o)


UPDATE on how it worked... 
*My students seem to like the idea. 
* I Choose one persone in the group to turn it on and off. 
* Of course the students who are not with me at the time roll their little 4th grade eye-balls at it.
* The brightness didn't last too long, I don't know if it was the battery or the bulb.. bummer. 


Comments

Popular Posts