Staining Project

While living in Connecticut, Jesse and I came across this little gem. When I say little, I dont mean it. This thing is solid oak and very heavy. It was on the curb by the trash cans ready to be carried off, so... we carried it off. Literally putting use to the phrase, "One man's trash is another man's treasure."

I had intentions of staining it, but didnt have time until this summer. 

There were many marks on it from crayons, sharpie, markers, etc... the little fami;y that had it before must have really used it. 

 We bought a dark stain to help cover the marks, and after sanding it down I got to work. 
         

 Over all the color took really well...

And it turned out very nice, other than having to wait nearly a week for it to finnish drying and setting, becasue of the humidity.

Almost done....and then back in the house.

Super fresh. Very pretty. Keepin' it classy. 


Love it! :)






 I will say, the toughest part was all the little slats that are for the win bottles. That part was not fun... 

Comments

  1. Oh hi, just creeping on your blog. MALLORY, this is AWESOME. I can't believe you found this beautiful thing and I love how you stained it. It looks so great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts