Classroom Reveal 2013!!

So...ugh hm... its now August 2015... and I am realizing that I didnt post this... I'm just going to post it as is, but want to say how much JWS meant to me. This classroom is where I found myself as a fourth grade teacher. I made friends at this school that I will remember forever, had amazing admin, and wonderful, unique, special, quirky kiddos. Thanks to all of you that made JWS such a home for me. I cant express how much each of you filled my life in North Carolina.

Love, Mallory

_______________________________________

Alright, alright, ALRIGHT!!! Its August and that means it's almost go time! I am ready for another year  of 4th grade! Here is my room the first morning I was able to get in to work. Not a very pretty sight... 

What I accomplished on Day 1 : Getting Started

A start on the classroom library. I am wanting it to be more of a nook this year, I just have to find a way to hide all of those cords so the students aren't knocking around on them. 

 All of our classrooms have bulletin boards on one wall and they are huge. There are advantages and disadvantages to this.. Today I put up my fabric and border. I did the double up on border this year, and I think I really like it.

I'm not sure yet how I want the desks, maybe by the end of this post we will have a final picture... :)

 Front table with projector and ELMO, with fabric all around. The front shelf with my AWESOME book bins from Steps to Literacy. Very Very Excited about that!!
and thats all for now... 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

Day 2: Workin' Away

Today was very productive, and I am seeing the end in sight. I was even able to sit for a little while today and actually turn on the computer to check some emails! That was odd, a) to sit down and b) to not have my teachers desk to sit at! Still so glad I went deskless this year!

Here are some shots from Day 2... 

 The Back Wall again, I added some words. We're going to put our "I can" Statements and Common Core Standards on them after we master them in our lessons. Hopefully in a few months the board will really start to fill up. On the far right is our Guided Reading and Reading Workshop Board, as well as space for me to put students names in groups. Along the bottom right is our "WOW Wall" this is just a classroom area to display students work. I am using the clothespin hangers from this blogpost, http://malloryannramsey.blogspot.com/2013/01/bulletin-board-brilliance.html - Buletin Board Brilliance , to see it click HERE!

As mentioned earlier, I went desk less this year, so here are my two workspaces. I'll probably use my kidney table more, the left part of this shelf is my common core books, organized by unit, the right side is my teacher things that would have been in or on my teacher desk.
I bought JUMBO book covers for my Guided Group Seat Sacks, each one has a marker board, marker, and eraser in it. $1 each at Target. 

 This table is in the front of the room with our daily technology things, such as my mini lap top, ELMO, projector, mimeo tablet, etc...

Once again, here are my amazingly new beautiful book bins! The sign above I made last year with stickers and a sharpie. Love that saying. :)

....and now, the classroom library nook! I am super excited for this..The black boards are going to be used for students book reviews and recommendations. 
From the left looking in...

 From the right looking in...

Left shelf, the top has Mrs.Ramsey's Favorites, and then my collection of Roald Dahl. The other book bins have their labels ready to go, but this year my students and I are going to go through the library and name the baskets together. This is to help them feel more like it is their library. and have more ownership over the area.  


 The right shelf, this will have our Unit Basket on top, all of our Common Core Classroom Library Books that we are currently using go here, as well as books check out under my name from our school library. To the left of it is my set of Diary of a Wimpy Kid, of course, I suspect they will all be tucked away in a book bin by the 2nd day of school. 

I really got a lot done in the last two days. Hope everyone has a super FABULOUS year!! 


















Comments

Popular Posts